|Coffee & Cookies. Life is good.|
Starting week four of working from home so having a few snacks around the house is a good thing — or may be not. After watching the daily news though, gaining a few kilos is the least of the problems for most people right now.
It is the beginning of April and Easter is in another week. I think we will be hunting eggs in our homes or yards with immediate family instead of going to church or having get togethers in restaurants. The only good news is the warmer weather and all of the blossoms are blooming. My neighborhood is an array of colors as the various cherry blossom trees, tulips and other flowers bloom.
This recipe is quite easy, should be about 20 minutes at the most to put together.
(makes approximately 20 small cookies)
150 grams all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
100 grams creamy peanut butter
75 grams butter (room temperature)
30 grams granular sugar
30 grams brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt.
2. In another large bowl, soften the butter with a small whisk then add the sugars and mix thoroughly. Next add the egg in portions and continue mix. Add the peanut butter in several portions & mix. Lastly, add the vanilla.
3. Use a spatula and mix in the flour in several portions. While you clean up, let the dough rest in the refrigerator for about 20 – 30 minutes.
4. Use a spoon and divide the dough into about 20 – 25 grams pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and flatten with a fork to make a nice hatch design.
5. Bake at 170 degrees Celsius for about 15 – 18 minutes.