|Delicious Praline & Pear Cake|
This is an easy and delicious cake to make in the fall when pears are in season. The cake includes a praline and the recipe below explains how to make it. However, in some speciality baking goods shops you may be able to find the praline ready made. If you can find it, buy it and skip this step.
125 grams whole almonds
160 grams caster sugar
20 grams water
1. Place the water and sugar in a sauce pan and heat
to about 118 ° C. Next add the hazelnuts and almonds and mix with the sugar. Gradually, they will be covered
with a white film.
2. Next crush the almonds and hazelnuts in a food processor then put them in a blender with the water and mix until it becomes smooth like a paste. Add a little more water if needed while blending if needed.
180 grams praliné
130 grams butter
80 grams sugar
80 grams brown sugar
50 grams flour
2 pears (peeled and cut into bite size pieces)
To Make the Cake:
1. Melt the butter and praline paste in the microwave or double boiler. Mix
until the dough becomes smooth. Add sugar, brown sugar, then the eggs one at a
time, mixing well after each addition. Lastly, sift in the flour.
2. Place the and place the cut pears into the bottom
of a buttered pan (about 22 cm diameter). Pour the batter over the pears.
Bake for about 40 minutes.
3. Cool for about 15 minutes then turn the cake upside down on a platter for serving.