|Ready for dinner!|
I really enjoy baking bread, just wish I had more time to make it. Making bread at home is a luxury.
This is a basic recipe and you can easily add other ingredients to add extra zest such as black olives or nuts.
This bread is soft and easy to eat, great as a sandwich roll as well.
Here is the recipe:
375 grams flour
35 grams sugar
7 grams salt
6 grams yeast
100 grams milk
100 grams water
40 grams olive oil
Fresh thyme (4 – 5 pieces)
1. In a bowl, sift together the flour, sugar and salt. Add the yeast. Mix the egg, water and milk in another bowl.
2. Add the egg mixture to the flour. Use a bench scraper to mix and coat the flour. Put on a flat surface and knead for about 10 minutes. Dough should be soft but not sticky. Let rest under a bowl for about 10 minutes.
3. Stretch the dough and pour 1/3 of the olive oil over it, knead well to incorporate the oil. Repeat several times until all of the oil has been added. Knead until the bread is soft & supple. If the dough feels too dense, add a teaspoon of water or so and knead again. Add in the thyme. Put in a bowl and cover with wrap. Let rise in warm place for 60 minutes.
4. Divide the dough into 70 gram pieces. Roll each piece into a smooth ball. Place on the kneading board and cover with plastic and let rise for 20 minutes (bench time).
5. Flatten each ball to remove the air and roll again into ball. Place on the pan you will use for baking – leave room between each piece since they increase in size during rising. Brush with olive oil. Cover with plastic and place in a warm place. Should rise again for about 30 minutes.
6. Heat oven to 210 degrees Celsius and bake for about 20 – 25 minutes until browned.