|Brownies are ready – got milk!|
I had a lot of chocolate leftover from valentines day so I wanted to use it. Also, the weather outside was very cold today so I had no motivation to go out.
I know there are a million brownie recipes on the Internet, but this one is really great. I used dark chocolate 70% to get a deep rich taste.
Even though this recipe has a lot of butter, the brownies taste light. Well, I am not going to promise that they are low in calories though so don’t eat too many at one time.
This recipe makes a lot of brownies so cut in half if you need less.
375 grams dark chocolate
200 grams sugar
250 grams butter
150 grams flour
3 grams baking powder
100 grams chopped walnuts
1. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot simmering water. Remove from the heat to add the butter.
2. Cut the butter into small pieces and add to the melted chocolate. Add the butter in portions and mix using a spatula. Let all of the butter melt before adding the next portion. Put the bowl back over the hot water if needed to melt the butter completely.
3. Mix together the eggs & sugar in a bowl using a whisk. In another bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder.
4. After the butter has been added to the chocolate, add the egg mixture in portions. Use a small whisk to mix the eggs & chocolate together. Add in flour and mix with a spatula. Add in the walnuts.
|Mix in the chopped nuts|
5. This recipe makes many brownies so you can you two baking dishes (20 cm square) is large enough.
6. Bake at 180 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes.
|I used a baking square on top of a silpat sheet for baking.
After removing from the oven, let the brownies cool before moving the square.