Instead of making fancy and fussy cakes, I just feel like a simple, quick and easy snack. With an easy recipe, I’ve been able to prepare dinner and make dessert at the same time. First was chocolate chip cookies, then oatmeal cookies and lastly this delicious banana bread.
|Get the coffee ready|
This simple recipe was borrowed from Sallysbakingaddiction and I added a few chocolate chips and an extra banana on top for decoration. I reduced the brown sugar a bit since the ripe bananas provide enough sweetness and the vanilla really draws out the banana flavor.
(Fits 2 baking pans)
250 grams all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
115 grams butter (room temperature)
120 grams brown sugar
2 eggs (room temperature)
80 grams plain yogurt
3 ripe bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
40 grams chopped walnuts
25 grams chocolate chips
1. In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt & cinnamon powder.
2. In a small bowl, use a fork to mash 2 bananas.
3. In another larger bowl, use a small whisk to mix the softened butter until smooth. Next add the brown sugar and mix thoroughly. Add each egg separately and mix gently until each egg is incorporated thoroughly. Lastly, add the yogurt, mashed bananas and vanilla extract.
4. Add the flour mixture in portions to the butter mixture. Use can use a spatula or small whisk to mix. Lastly, add the nuts and chocolate chips.
5. Lightly butter and flour the baking tins and then divide the batter evenly between the two tins. Peel and slice one banana lengthwise and put a slice on top of each tin in the middle of the batter.
6. Preheat the oven and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 35 – 40 minutes depending on your oven.
7. After baking, cool for about 10 minutes before removing from the pan to cool completely.