|Easy honey muffins|
This is basically a brioche recipe but when you don’t have the right pans, you just have to improvise.
The honey in this recipe gives the bread extra moisture and the hint of lemon is just enough.
300 grams bread flour
15 grams sugar
50 grams honey
6 grams salt
5 grams instant dry yeast
150 grams milk
50 grams butter
zest of 1 lemon
1. In a bowl, sift together the flour, sugar and salt. Add the yeast. Mix the egg. milk and honey in another bowl.
3. Lightly warm the butter in hands and then put on top of the dough and use a bench scraper to incorporate the butter. Knead again so that the bread is soft & supple. If tough, add a tablespoon of milk or so and knead again. Add in the lemon zest. Put in a bowl and cover with wrap. Let rise in warm place for 50 minutes.
4. Divide the dough into 45 gram pieces. Roll each piece into a nice ball. Place on the kneading board and cover with plastic and let rise for 20 minutes (bench time).
5. Flatten each ball to remove the air and roll again into a ball. Place in the container you will use for baking. Butter the inside of the container first. Brush with egg. Place in a warm place. Should rise again for about 60 minutes.
6. Heat oven to 190 degrees Celsius. Brush again with egg and bake for about 20 minutes until browned
|Brush with egg again before baking|
|Brush with egg before rising|
|Muffins out of the oven|