This recipe takes about 90 minutes to put together but it is well worth it. I made a decoration on top for Halloween but if you want to keep it simple you can skip this part.
|Delicious Chocolate Mousse Cake|
Decorative Topping (optional)
10 grams soft butter
10 grams powdered sugar
10 grams egg white
10 grams flour
1. Mix the butter then add the powdered
sugar, add the egg white then add the flour.
2. Draw your design on a sheet of paper and
place under the your parchment paper.
3. Put each color into a separate bag for
piping. Your lines should be thin but not too
thin, otherwise, they will not show up well
minutes so that the mixture becomes firm
I use a shallow square baking pan (27 cm x
27 cm – height is 2 cm) covered with parchment paper to pipe the decoration on.
|Use Cookie Cutter for Quick Decoration|
|Whip Egg Whites then add egg yolks|
4 egg yolks
35 grams sugar
15 grams corn starch
15 grams flour
15 grams cocoa powder
35 grams melted butter
75 grams egg white
40 grams sugar
1. Mix the egg yolk & sugar (35 grams).
2. Measure the flour, corn starch and cocoa powder together.
3. Whip the egg whites and add the sugar (75 grams) in 3 – 4 portions. Add in the egg yolk mixture and mix using a spatula.
4. Sift the flour mixture and add in. Mix with a spatula.
5. Pour the mixture over the parchment paper with the decoration. Bake at 180 degrees celcius for 15 – 20 minutes.
|Pour cake over the parchment paper|
125 grams fresh cream (36%)
2 egg yolks
25 grams sugar
3 grams gelatin
220 grams fresh cream (about 36%)
180 grams dark chocolate
1. Melt the chocolate over hot water and keep at about 40 degrees celsius.
2. Whip the cream (220 grams) until just a little stiff.
3. Mix the sugar & egg yolks. Heat the fresh cream until just boiling then add to the bowl with the egg mixture then add back to the pan and heat on low heat until lightly thickened. Add the gelatin. Strain into another bowl and lightly cool. The chocolate and egg mixture should be the same temperature.
4. Mix the egg mixture into the chocolate in portions – use a small whisk to combine.
5. Scoop some of the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture and use a spatula to mix together. Add the remaining cream in portions and mix.
1. Let the cake cool and turn upside down to remove the parchment paper. Cut out the decoration and a matching bottom and put the bottom inside of a cake ring.
2. Fill the ring with chocolate mousse the place the decorate piece on top. Put in the refrigerator for at least one hour before removing the ring.