|Ready for Dessert?|
This cake combines a nice buttery cake on the outside filled with custard cream and dark sweet cherries on the inside.
This is a nice cake to have for dessert during the cold winter months. Pair it with a hot cup of coffee and you will feel warm and cosy.
Preparation time is about 45 minutes and baking is another 30 minutes.
100 grams butter (room temperature)
80 grams sugar
65 grams eggs
135 grams flour
20 grams almond flour (powder)
2 grams baking powder
pinch of salt
1. In a bowl, sift together the flour, almond flour, baking powder and salt.
2. In another bowl, mix the butter with whisk until soft then add the sugar in portions. Lastly, add the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula. Cover and set to the side.
130 grams milk
1 egg yolk
25 grams sugar
15 grams flour
10 grams butter
5 grams Kirsch liquor
100 grams dark sweet cherries
1. In a bowl mix together the egg yolk, sugar and flour with a whisk.
2. In a saucepan heat the milk until just boiled. Add the milk to the egg mixture & mix then add back to the saucepan and heat on medium and stir with a whisk until the mixtures thickens like pudding. .
3. Remove the pan from the heat and add the butter and mix well. Lastly, add the Kirsch liquor and mix. Pour into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap and let cool.
Putting Everything Together:
1. I used a 15 cm (round) x 5 cm (tall) baking ring. Put the ring on top of a sheet of baking paper then put on top of a baking pan.
2. Smooth about 3/4 of the cake ingredients on the bottom of the ring and up the sides of the ring (fill to about 80% full). You will fill the inside of the cake dough with the custard and cherries so leave space for this.
3. Place the cherries on top of the cake dough along the bottom and then cover with the custard. Use a small spoon to evenly smooth the custard.
4. Use the remaining cake dough to cover the top of the custard so that the inside ingredients are sealed in. Then brush the top with egg wash and use a small knife to draw a design on top.
5. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for about 30 – 35 minutes. Let cool before removing from the ring.
|Draw a nice design on top before baking|
|Cherries are on the bottom then topped with the custard cream
The cake surrounds the filling on all sides