Read Time:1 Minute, 29 Second
|Peach Pie topped with Fresh Cream
Summer is full on hot! We were enjoying warm weather in June but now the thermometer is hitting the middle 30’s – Celsius that is.
I was never a big fan of peaches but I tried this new recipe and I have become hooked. Not only does it taste great, but it only takes about 20 minutes to put together.
I baked this recipe in a both a traditional pie pan as well as a loaf pan and both turn out great. Pair this pie with vanilla ice cream for the most excellent summer dessert!
55 grams butter softened
65 grams sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
140 grams cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
90 grams milk
1/4 cup maple syrup
1. In a pot of boiling water, blanch the peaches for 3 to 4 minutes. Cool under cold water and then remove the skin. Cut the peaches in quarters
2. Place the peaches in a bowl and sprinkle with a tablespoon of flour and mix with a spatula. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, mix the butter, sugar and vanilla with a whisk until creamy. Add in the eggs in portions continue to mix.
|Baking peach pie using a loaf pan
4. In another bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder. Add this to #3 above in portions and mix with a whisk. Alternately add in the milk while mixing in the flour mixture.
5. Butter the inside of the baking pan then place the peach pieces on the bottom. Pour the cake batter on top then pour the maple syrup on top.
6. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes. The top should be lightly browned.
7. Serve warm or cold.