Just add Milk and Serve!
I always thought this cake looked a bit too complicated to make so I never got around to making it. After one try though, it didn’t turn out too bad.
It actually only takes a couple of hours to put together and some of that is waiting time so give it a try!
200 grams sugar
200 grams flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
100 grams butter
120 grams sweet chocolate (chopped)
1. In a bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder. In a separate bowl, measure the butter add melt over a saucepan filled with hot water.
2. Put the chocolate in another bowl and melt over a saucepan filled with simmering hot water.
3. In a large bowl, whip the eggs with a hand mixer and gradually add the sugar. Continue to mix on medium speed until the batter is yellow and fluffy. This may take about 10 minutes so don’t skip on this step. After the batter is well mixed, add the flour mixture gradually and continue to mix until everything is well combined.
|Cakes after Baking|
4. Add a little of the batter into the bowl with melted butter and mix well with a spatula then add to the bowl filled with the batter. Mix for a few seconds with the hand mixer.
5. Evenly divide the mixture between 2 bowls. Add the melted chocolate to one of the bowls and mix using a spatula.
6. Pour the batters into separate baking pans that are lightly rubbed with butter and dusted with flour. I used 2 20 cm round pans.
Now you need to cut the cakes to put them together. Don’t panic 🙂
|Use a guide to cut your cake evenly|
First, you should cut your cake in half. I had these
wooden dowels at home so that I used them as a
guide to cut the cake evenly. If you have a cake
cutter, you can use that.
|Guides for the cutting the cake circles|
Secondly, find a piece of paper and outline the cake on it. From the outer edge of the circle, measure points at 4 cm then at 8 cm. Cut out 3 circles from the paper and place them on one of the cakes. Cut the cake based on the circles.
Mix alternate pieces of the cake circles then place alternate layers of cake on top of each other (i.e. alternate layers based on the outer cake color).
|Ready for the last step!|
Lastly, you need put together the cake using
240 grams milk chocolate (chopped)
1 teaspoon corn syrup
200 grams fresh cream
1. Heat the cream and corn syrup in a
saucepan until lightly boiling then pour over
2. Mix using a small whisk. Put over hot
water to melt completely if needed.
3. Cool the mixture until the chocolate has
the consistency of soft pudding.
Put the bottom layer of the cake on a cake plate and put several tablespoons of the chocolate icing on the cake and spread evenly. Fill in extra holes in the cake pieces as needed. Add the next layer of cake and do the same until the last layer.
After the last layer, use a palette knife to neatly coat the entire cake with the chocolate icing. Keep in the refrigerator for about 1 hour before serving.