These are a great idea for a brunch or even Thanksgiving.
It is a simple dough filled with your favorite ingredients. I made a mixture of chicken and fall vegetables such as carrots and mushrooms to fill these.
You can make the dough a couple of days before and fill them on the day that company is coming.
200 grams flour
200 grams butter (cold)
20 grams water
3 grams salt
1. Sift the flour. You can use a food processor to mix the flour and butter. Add in the egg, water & salt. Mix together well. Knead together lightly and roll into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator for at least one hour before using.
1 chicken breast
1 carrot & 1 turnip (any root vegetable you like)
salt & pepper
1. Cut the chicken breast & lightly fry and add the mushrooms.
2. Cut the carrot & turnip into small pieces and boil until soft.
3. Put the chicken meat into a food processor with the egg and mix. Put into a bowl with bread crumbs, carrots & turnips.
4. Roll the dough out and use a cookie cutter to cut shapes such as the leaf cutter below. You can also use a pumpkin shape or something similar depending on the season. Put a small amount of the filling into the middle of the shape and brush with egg around the outside. Place another piece of dough on top and brush egg on top. Keep the dough cool while working with it since it can soften quickly. I put the first group of cut dough in the refrigerator before matching them with the bottom piece.
5. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for about 25 – 30 minutes until well browned.
|Use a cookie cutter to make shapes|
|Brush top with egg before baking
Use a knife to decorate the top
Make sure each piece is well sealed around the edges