|Ready for dessert!!|
This apple mousse cake has several steps to it, but at least one is optional if you don’t want to take the trouble.
The best part is the Valhrona Chocolate topping. This white chocolate has hint of caramel to it and is truly delicious. I would eat the whole bag if I could!
Don’t skip the chocolate part since it is the best part of the cake — soft and delicious like a brownie.
I used a 18 cm x 6 cm ring to make this cake
80 grams almond powder
80 grams egg
40 grams sugar
20 grams flour
20 grams cocoa
together the flour and cocoa powder. Sift together the almond powder and
the butter over hot water.
the egg and add to the almond powder mixture. Use a hand mixer and mix well
until turns light yellow color.
the egg whites and the sugar – add the sugar in portions. Add the whipped egg
whites to the almond powder mixture and mix with a spatula. Lastly add the
in a pan about 20 cm x 20 cm for 18 – 20 minutes.
Next step is to prepare the apples.
1 large apple (peeled and cubed)
20 grams sugar
10 grams butter
the butter in a fry pan then add the sugar and honey and mix. Add the cut apples and cook
for about 10 minutes on medium heat until the apples are soft.
This step could be skipped if you don’t have the time.
Milk Chocolate Ganache
30 grams fresh
10 grams corn syrup
35 grams milk
1 gram gelatin
the milk chocolate and put in a bowl. Heat the fresh cream in a sauce pan and add
the softened gelatin. Pour the cream over the chocolate and mix with a small
whisk. Cool before spreading on the cake.
You don’t want to skip this next step.
3 egg yolks
50 grams sugar
250 grams milk
1/2 vanilla bean
12 grams gelatin
1. In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the sugar.
2. In a saucepan, bring the milk
and the vanilla bean (split open and scraped over the milk) to a boil. Slowly
pour the milk over the yolks, whisking constantly. Pour the mixture back into
the saucepan over medium low heat and cook until the cream coats the back of a
spoon. Turn off the heat.
3. Add the softened gelatin and stir until
melted completely into the cream.
4. Strain into another bowl and let cool to room
5. Whip the cream to soft peaks and fold it into the cooled cream using a spatula.
White Chocolate Topping
50 grams Valrhona chocolate
25 grams fresh cream
25 grams water
3 grams gelatin
1. Heat the water and cream in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and add the gelatin and mix well. Pour over the chopped chocolate and mix with a small whisk.
Putting the cake together
the chocolate cake to fit the bottom of a 18 cm ring. Pour the milk chocolate
ganache on top and cool in the refrigerator.
2. Next add some of the vanilla mousse on top of the ganache then put apples on top and
add the remaining mousse. Put in the refrigerator to cool.
the chocolate topping and add on top. Place into the refrigerator to cool.
4. Use a cooking torch to heat the sides of the ring to remove it. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
|This chocolate is delicious and adds a
sophisticated taste to any dessert