|Great cookies for an afternoon break|
Here is another recipe that is quite easy but has a sophisticated look & taste.
I use this quite often as a ‘go to’ recipe when I need to bring a dessert to someone’s house.
The bottom of the cookie is shortbread and topped off with caramelised almonds.
These bars will only take about 45 minutes to complete. Since they are quite rich, you don’t need to cut large pieces for your guests.
170 grams butter (soft)
100 grams powdered sugar
340 grams flour
1. Whisk the butter until it is soft. Add the powdered sugar & salt. Mix well.
2. Mix in the egg.
3. Sift the flour and add to butter mixture. Evenly smooth the dough in a baking pan.
4. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for about 20 minutes.
|Smooth dough using a bench scraper
85 grams honey
100 grams fresh cream
3 grams salt
40 grams sugar
30 grams butter
150 sliced almonds
1. Combine the honey, cream, salt, sugar & butter in a sauce pan. Heat until about 110 degrees Celsius. Turn off the heat and add the almond slices. Mix together well.
2. Spread evenly on top of the baked shortbread. Time the cooking together so that the shortbread finishes about the same time as this.
3. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for about 15 minutes – do not let it get too browned.
|After baking, the cookies brown further|
|Mixture will become light brown
Do not over cook