|Pour yourself a cup of coffee & enjoy an afternoon break with cookies|
More cookie recipes. Yes, we need more cookies for this stressful time. I am baking small batches of cookies to enjoy a variety rather than having lots of the same type. Need to start planning ahead for the next flavor now that I have my craving for molasses satisfied.
This recipe can be easily put together in about 20 minutes once the butter is softened. If you have some helpers around the house then even faster. Enjoy and see you for the next cookie recipe.
Recipe (makes about 20 cookies)
50 grams granular or turbinado sugar, for rolling cookies
1. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, spices and salt.
2. In another large bowl, mix together the butter and brown sugar using a small whisk. You can also use a stand mixer for this recipe.
3. Mix in the egg and mix with the whisk then add the molasses and mix until well combined.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture in several portions and mix well using a spatula.
5. Put the bowl of dough into the refrigerator for at least one hour to chill
6. Form the dough into approximately 20 gram pieces each and roll in the sugar before placing on a baking tray. Leave some room between each piece since they will spread a little.
7. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for about 12 – 15 minutes but don’t let them become too dark.